T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Wii Tantrum

Big J's birthday was on Saturday and he got a Wii! So really it was a family gift. We've been having a lot of fun, until tonight that is. little j has been kicking butt at bowling, and she has her own unique style. But tonight she fell behind Big J and wasn't making as many strikes as she usually does. Big J, on the other hand, was doing quite well.

This, of course, led to a little tantrum because little j wasn't winning. Even though I was cleaning the kitchen I said I would fill in for her. Frankly, I'm the last person anyone wants to fill in for them in bowling (either on the Wii or in real life), but little j tearfully agreed. Of course I couldn't even get a spare, which caused even more tears.

So Big J took over for little j and I took over for Big J and, wouldn't you know it, I threw 5 strikes in the final frames. First, that's just crazy. Second, it just caused more tears. So we switched to carnival games. But I can see that we are going to have to have (another) talk about being a good sport and not winning all the time.

No comments: