T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Why I Love Dolly Parton

Seriously, what's not to love? I have never seen a photo of her when she is not smiling or laughing. She knows who she is and she isn't afraid to talk about it or make jokes at her own expense. She's candid about her cosmetic surgery and upkeep. And she is an intelligent, warm-hearted woman. I'm inspired every time I see her or hear her sing.

Random Dolly quotes:

I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the fire department four days to put it out.

I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb . . . I also know I'm not blonde.

I feel blessed that I still have that little Dolly in my heart; I'm still the same girl that wants to squeeze every little drop of out of life that I can.

There's a heart beneath these boobs and a brain beneath the wig.

Storms make trees take deeper roots.

I'm going to always look like a cheap whore as long as there's doctors and surgeons in the world. Hopefully, this is the way I'll look when they lay me in my coffin. Somebody better not put me out there without fixing my hair and putting my makeup on.

2 comments:

Sally HP said...

Do you know who is in lurve with Dolly? My dad. He randomly will throw out little facts like her birthday. It's so cute! We grew up with Dolly and we all love her.

Crafty Mama said...

I've admired Dolly Parton ever since I heard the story about the multicolored coat that her mom made her and even though kids teased her she wore every day. The world needs more people like Dolly!!