T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Random Thoughts

It's totally random that I am writing this post from a conference in Long Beach, CA.

I'm spending the weekend with my cousins in San Diego and I am so excited!

I've been thinking a lot about poverty, education, and research and seriously considering applying for a one year post-doc at University of Michigan's National Poverty Center.

I got a notice yesterday from the library that a book I recalled was ready for me to pick up. Is it weird that I was excited because now I get to learn about Structural Equation Modeling?

I just heard this quote on StoryCorps this morning -- it was a grandson talking about his grandmother: "She has the capacity to carry the world on her shoulders and run at the same time." It brought tears to my eyes.

Apparently Obama is telling his supporters not to underestimate the power of Democrats to screw this election up. No kidding. Despite his lead I'm incredibly anxious.

One day Big J and I were talking about poverty and he said, "So, what are you going to do about it?" That's really stuck with me. What am I going to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you see Kathy Goodman, ask her how she won a contest to guess the number of candy pieces in a bottle? SHE would be excited to pick up a book on Structural Equation Modeling!
Can't wait to see you in FL!
Sherri