T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Relief

For the first time in a long time I don't have any projects hanging over my head. I finished up the project for the faculty member yesterday and I am free and clear to do things around the house, read, work on my own publications, spend time with my family, and apply for jobs without feeling like there is something that I need to be working on. It feels so, so good!

That and I got a frame for my (giant) diploma and I have it sitting on the mantel in our family room. It looks so official.

So today I completed applications for two jobs and I hope to have three more done by the end of the week. It finally feels real, and part of that has to do with the fact that I was able to sign my application with my name followed by "Ph. D." WOW! What an amazing feeling.

Today I had lunch with one of my fellow graduates and afterward went to the bookstore and spent about an hour looking at books and not worrying about anything. I ended up getting three books, two about the causes and consequences of poverty, and one about god and science on the recommendation of our astrophysicists friend. I am really looking forward to just reading things I want to read and not having to take notes, look up references, and use my highlighter!

Life is good!

No comments: