T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Thoughts

I've decided to have a regular Friday post of random thoughts. Here's what has been on my mind this week:

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that I have Dr. King and Hannah Montana photos in consecutive posts?

I cried twice this morning, both times while listening to NPR. Once while listening to Story Corp participants from Memphis talk about the 168 sanitation workers strike and the horrifying conditions they were forced to work in. Second while listening to the speech Robert Kennedy gave on the night Dr. King was killed; he told the crowd that Dr. King had died and then talked about the need for national unity regardless of skin color.

Today was only the second time in five years that I have paid bills. Scary!

It was rainy yesterday and is again today. I love spring rain.

Given Big J's diabetes, we have both been looking into different types of diets. I'm really interested in macrobiotics, but not willing to give up beef.

In fact, I feel like having steak tonight.

I'm starting to come out of my dissertation funk. I'm developing all these mental plans for the yard, the kitchen, and craft projects.

What is it about Law and Order? I know I've said many times that I love the show, but I could literally watch only that show, in all of its three variations, and be perfectly happy.

Well, not quite true....I need some laughs in there.

Which reminds me: I haven't had a really good laugh in some time. You know that scene in Mary Poppins where the characters float up to the ceiling when they laugh? I'd like that to be me!

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

If you need a really good laugh, you need to call Sherri and ask her about her day at the vet's office. You will seriously wet your pants.