T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, December 17, 2007

Back home

I am so grateful to be back home. While I am truly thankful for the time I was able to spend with my grandfather during his last days as well as the time with family celebrating his memory, I feel like I haven't had a chance to take a deep breath and take everything in. Now that I am home I have a day or two to reflect before Big J's brother and partner arrive on Wednesday.

I think the next couple of days are best spent staying busy: cleaning the house, tying up loose ends from school, work, and dissertation, and getting out some decorations. I am looking forward to doing a little Christmas shopping and even wrapping presents (although I still contend that wrapping paper, tape, and ribbon are tools of the devil).

Minou, our cat, is so incredibly happy to see us she hasn't left our side since we arrived -- odd for her. And our dog, who we picked up at the vet this evening, hasn't stopped wagging his tail. So it definitely feels good to be home. Big J and I are looking forward to sleeping in our own bed after a week of sleeping in a very old double bed. Our new mattress queen will feel like heaven.

No comments: