T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner

I know . . . it's way to early to start thinking about Thanksgiving and planning the menu. But I just received the Thanksgiving issue of Bon Appetit -- the one issue that I look forward to all year. There is just something about Thanksgiving that I absolutely adore. Or, perhaps it is a combination of everything: the food, the tradition, family. For me it is the ultimate comfort day. I don't mind the work in the kitchen, the planning, or the clean up. I truly love everything about it.

So, when I opened the mailbox and saw Bon Appetit with a beautiful Thanksgiving plate on the cover I sighed with joy. I will spend hours leafing through the pages, coming up with a variety of menus before finally settling on one that will deeply satisfy. That's what I call comfort.

2 comments:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

I feel the same way. I love to plan the meal, and all that goes along with setting the perfect scene. I actually have my Thanksgiving cocktail already chosen.

I love reading all the recipes, doing the mix and match until I'm certain I have the right combination.

Sigh.

Sally HP said...

Thanksgiving is great because it's all about the meal and eating it with friends and family. Christmas is all about the presents with a fat ham thrown in...I love Thanksgiving and i'll be anxious to hear what you plan. I'm actually going cranberry picking to make my own sauce (welcome to New England ;) )