T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voting -- and a baby for my advisor!

Cokie Roberts, one of my favorite political commentators, reported this morning that married men voted evenly Republican and Democrat this year. In 2004, they favored the Republican party by 18%. Hmmmm......do you all recall that just a couple posts ago I said that women have a lot more power than they might think? It will be very interesting to look at all the polling breakdowns to see how women (married and single) have voted.

I am somewhat of a political junkie, and living this close to DC has fed that obsession in the last few years. And this year with the close senate race between Webb and Allen...it's been a wild ride, and clearly not over yet since Webb leads only by the smallest of margins.

My advisor is having her baby this morning. Good news for her. When I saw her last week she looked like she was so ready, even though it is still a little more than a week before her due date. In the meantime, I still don't have chapter 2 to her. However, I promised Big J I would finish it by Thursday. He has Friday off for Veterans Day and we plan to do a major fall house cleaning. So I have a deadline. As a good friend always says, "I don't need more time, I need a deadline."

No comments: