T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

why I started this blog

It all began with my girlfriend starting her blog (My Single Sabbatical), and I realized that if we are to continue our mutual 'girl crush' then I must have a blog as well. That's not to say that I haven't considered it before, but she convinced me that my contributions to the blog-world would be worthwhile, and perhaps even occasionally read.

That Girl is: A grad student working on her dissertation; a mom with an almost-four-year-old daughter (little j); a wife with a successful (and, if I may say so, handsome) husband (Big J); an aspiring cook who is not above spending six hours in the kitchen to produce a meal that will be eaten in a mere half hour; a beginning knitter; and a lover of all things educational (read: complete nerd); starting a blog about the process of writing a dissertation and how it could possibly fit into an already full life.

That Girl promises: some really good recipes, some left-wing political rants, some humerous stories about family life, some griping about the archaic rituals of academic life/hazing, and some general observations along the way.

Feel free to leave comments, advice, gripes, grammatical tips. I'll probably respond, after all I am a skilled procrastinator.

No comments: